Sunday, August 28, 2011

It's the Final Countdown

JELL-O shots, because I keep it real.
Last night I celebrated my return to school and goodbye to Chicago with a blow-out going away party. Manfriend and his roomies were gracious enough to be the hosts supplying their humble abode. I spend the afternoon prepping by buying booze, snacks and creating JELL-O and pudding shots. Yes, that's right PUDDING SHOTS!!  As Manfriend and I cruised the isles of the Jewel and were picking out jello flavors, some chocolate pudding caught his eye. "Pudding shots?" I thought for a moment and contemplated what alcoholic ingredient would make it work. I figured should give it a whirl and whipped up a batch.  They were a freakin' success! Doubts about school were put to rest as I was assured that someone who could make delicious chocolate pudding shots would most definitely make a successful grad student.

My closest and most favorite people in Chicago (as well as some childhood friends visiting for the weekend) made it out. I felt so loved. I knew it was going to be tough to say goodbye, but a few departures left me in tears. I have one more week to pack and soak up the city. I'm going to miss this place so much!
 
Feel like making pudding shots and be the most popular and revered party host ever? It's easy:
Pudding shots = JELL-O Instant Chocolate Pudding + 2 parts milk + 1 part Bailey's

1 comment: