Sunday, September 25, 2011

They took my money, I'm officially enrolled

Orientation included a trip to the top of City Hall to take in the views.
After driving miles and miles and miles and miles, I finally made it to LA. The past two weeks have been filled with preliminary tests and orientation--lots of orientation. I don't believe I have ever been so oriented as to a campus, its services and a program. Ever. 

It's weird to be back on a college campus. It's also pretty awesome to see the little freshman, so cute and naive. Here's a conversation I overhead from some undergrads the other day:
Frosh 1: So like, there's this cute guy I met in the dorms and he like totally speaks another language!
Frosh 2: That's so awesome. Languages are like, totally sexy. What does he speak?
Frosh 1: It's something called Yiddish?
Frosh 2: What's that?
Frosh 1: I don't know, but it's so hot, right?

Fortunately, my fellow graduate classmates are great, and most would understand that Frosh 1 met a nice Jewish boy. It's more or less a like-minded group of people that have found themselves pursuing this profession. With orientation and many a social gathering having taken place, it's good to know that my program offers a group of extremely intelligent, friendly and outgoing people who seem to always be up for a drink after a long day.
Also got oriented with college football tailgates

I've found it pretty amusing to see who clicks with who and the personality traits of my younger classmates versus the older hags, like myself. There are some classmates who are wildly entertaining, others who are crazy smart and some who, very painfully, leave their audience cringing. It will be fun to watch the interactions and growth among my colleagues, new and old. That said, I can't wait to start class tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment