Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Internship People Watching

Today was my first day as an intern. Woo! Next step is to find out if I can actually get paid for said internship. Apparently, the Federal work-study fund has been depleted. I'm still going to give it a shot and turn in my paperwork tomorrow to the work-study/financial aid office, who I'm convinced are no smarter or helpful than a bag of peanuts. I take that back, Mr. Peanut seems like a pretty smart dude, especially the way he dresses.

Add one tally for bicyclist going the wrong way on a one-way street.

I spent the morning counting bikes that road down Spring Street in downtown LA. Plans to put in a bike lane along Spring Street are underway, but maybe need more research to justify the implementation? I suppose I should be asking more questions.

If only this picture could truly capture the amazing specimen walking across the street.
I counted that the majority of people were actually biking down the sidewalk, which is dangerous to bikers and pedestrians alike. There are far more dogs than bikes as well. However, the best part of sitting and starting at the same street for hours at a coffee shop that charges $4 for a cup of coffee was the people watching. LA offers some of the BEST people watching anywhere in the country, hands down. Not too bad of a start for this intern.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like that lady in the heals busted you people watching because she looked right at the camera. She seems like the type who likes cameras.

    ReplyDelete