Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Nobody Walks in LA...

....which sucks when you move back to a city where walking is normal.  I'm back in Chicago for the summer, interning for the City (unpaid), waitressing (due to unpaid internship), and trying to maintain some sort of social life. But that's old news...

Now that I'm back in Chicago and after a weekend in New York, my feet hurt. Really hurt. I'd gotten used to walking around campus and the local shops near my quaint little place in Los Angeles, but it did not keep me in shape for real city walking. Just today, I took a very, very, very long extended lunch and went from City Hall to the new City Target, to Nordstrom Rack, to Old Navy, to Pot Belly's, and back to City Hall. That excursion was a mile! And that was just lunch! So, part of my lunch trip was buying new, comfortable shoes. That, and my other flats are so dingy and gross I actually get whiffs of the stench while I sit at my desk. So now I can continue to walk, walk, walk, walk...

1 comment:

  1. I especially don't like it when you have friends who insist on driving and then they are no fun because they can't drink with me. Boooooooo!

    ReplyDelete