Monday, February 4, 2013

Tales From the Bus, Vol. 2

Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12:53 p.m.
Bus: Metro #2, Eastbound

For some reason people want to sit next to me on public transit. Bus seats come in two, and if one is open next to each person already sitting, that extra person on the bus always sits next to me. Maybe I look welcoming or lack the intimidation factor? I do know that I am one of few people that don't use the extra seat next to me for my bag, but given the crowd that rides transit in Los Angeles, methinks I should.

Avoid the drool man.
I was on my way downtown again, but instead of the 720, I opted for the #2 and then to transferred to the Red Line subway to get to DTLA. When the bus hit Sunset and La Cienega, a dude comes on and, of course, sits down next to me. He reeks of cigarettes and moldy garbage. Two minutes later, I look over and he's passed out, drooling on himself. The stench was getting unbearable, so I decided to get off the bus at Highland and walk up the hill to Hollywood to catch the train rather than going all the way to the Vermont/Sunset station (but not before taking a picture!).  I was hesitant to wake him when I needed to get out, for fear he would look over at me quickly, flinging his drool in my direction. Luckily, he got up after I gently tapped him and moved out of the way so I could get out. I immediately applied copious amounts of hand sanitizer to my hands, forearms, and any other places that may have had any skin-to-yucky drool man contact.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! Haha. Good thing he didn't get startled, whip his head around and launch that drool like a dog hanging out of a convertible.

    ReplyDelete