Friday, April 5, 2013

Public Space Behavior: Toilet Talk

I always find it odd how people can have full blown conversations while on the pot.

My office shares a bathroom with the entire floor of the building. More often than not, there will be another person in the bathroom and quite frequently she is on the phone. Like this morning, a lady was discussing budget reports and then starting talking about her kids. I personally do not talk on the phone in the bathroom for several reasons: (1) I am terrified of dropping the phone in the toilet (2) Sometimes the task at hand takes more concentration than my multitasking skills allow (3) I feel it's just plain disrespectful to the person you're talking to. I mean, you wouldn't talk to someone in person while wiping your no-nos, would you? And the sound of the potty flushing is a bit distracting. Luckily, I'm not the only person who has discovered this odd public behavior trend (see fun infographic below). Technology has created new forms of behavior exhibited in public. Where else has this changed occurred?


1 comment:

  1. What these people don't realize is that the other person can hear the echo sounds so they will know he/she is in the shit house.

    ReplyDelete